Electrolysis Training Course
For therapists wishing to become qualified to offer a traditional method of permanent hair reduction; epilation or electrolysis.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Be qualified to offer a safe and effective method of permanent reduction of unwanted hair.
- Know how to use diathermy, galvanic and blend methods.
- Be able to increase your revenue streams by progressing onto Advanced Cosmetic Procedures.
- Comprehensive pre-course Online Theory study
- 2 days face to face practical (consecutive)
- 9.30 am to 3.30 pm.
- Tuition Fee £895
- Deposit £195
- If required – Anatomy & Physiology £125
- Balance of £700 payable 14 days prior to practical attendance or by 12 Monthly payments of Interest Free Finance (subject to approval)
Electrolysis Course Overview
(Permanent Hair Removal also known as Epilation)
Epilation is the permanent reduction of superfluous (unwanted) hair; it is a highly profitable and popular treatment. You will receive training with the use of Diathermy, Galvanic and Blend techniques; therefore you will be able to adapt your working techniques to suit the client’s needs.
The epilation client is one of the most regular attendants in the salon, therefore providing the electrologist with a steady remuneration throughout the year.
Although laser hair removal has become increasing popular over the last ten years, there is still a high demand for electrolysis, as clients with lighter hairs or reactive skins cannot be successfully treated with laser.
We offer a comprehensive training course over three days in which you will learn how to successfully epilate hair from the following areas: upper lip, chin, eyebrows, underarm, bikini, neck, chest/breast.
Most advanced Epilation systems use a combination of frequencies to produce maximum destruction, with minimum skin reaction.
Pricing usually starts at £20 for 15 minutes treatment time.
On this course you will learn:
- Practical application of safe and effective epilation methods – Diathermy and the Blend from various face and body sites.
- Government & local authority legislation.
- Health, safety and hygiene.
- Related Anatomy and Physiology.
- Treatment planning
- Client consultation.
- Needle types.
Candidates must hold Anatomy & Physiology at Level 3. As Epilation is a highly specialised area of work, a good deal of patience and concentration is needed to perfect the skill. If you do not hold the level 3 Anatomy and Physiology, you can take this alongside this Electrolysis Course by adding this option to your course at the time of booking (an additional fee of £125 is payable).
Exam / assessment info
You will be assessed by continual observation throughout the course, to ensure that you have all the knowledge that you will need to practice your skills professionally. If you are opting to take the NVQ/VTCT award a separate assessment day’s attendance is required.
Next Course Dates
26th & 27th October 2022
Qualification / Certification
Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded a ‘Diploma in Epilation’ by Helen McGuinness Aesthetics & Beauty Training International.
Insurance and Membership
Our Diploma is accredited by the Beauty Guild, from whom you may gain professional membership and insurance to practice professionally.
Our Epilation Diploma accredited by the Beauty Guild, is worth 39 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Points.