Microneedling Training Course
For experienced skin therapists wishing to advance their skills to offer Cosmetic Micro Needling treatments.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Be qualified to offer Cosmetic Microneedling as a professional treatment.
- Be able to offer treatments to help with a range of skin conditions including acne, scarring, lines, wrinkles etc.
- Know how to formulate specific treatment plans for your clients.
- 1/2 Day face to face.
- 9.30 am to 12.30 pm.
- £495 for Microneedling, or
- £895 for Microneedling and Mesotherapy (save £95 by taking both together).
- Deposit – £125 per course
- Balance payable 14 days prior to course attendance date.
Microneedling Course Overview
(Collagen induction therapy covering Pen and Roller Microneedling Techniques)
Qualified beauty therapists can now take their skills to the next level with our ADVANCED SKIN CARE Cosmetic Skin Needling / Microneedling Diploma training course. This is an intensive course which covers both theory and practical application of skin needling.
This course is ideal for experienced therapists who want to build a clientele offering a high end, lucrative non-surgical treatment to clients which will substantially increase their earnings in the salon/clinic.
Cosmetic Skin Needling is a treatment which uses a roller covered with tiny micro-needles which penetrates through the top surface layer of the skin, creating channels without causing damage to the skin. Treatment serums are applied to the skin via the channels formed from the micro-needles.
The treatment is undertaken in order to treat a number of skin conditions and the treatment uses the body’s own natural healing process to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, crows feet, scars, acne scarring, sun damaged skin , uneven skin tone -hyper pigmentation & melasma, stretch marks etc.
The micro-needling procedure creates thousands of micro wounds triggering new collagen synthesis. It allows for controlled induction of the skin’s self repair mechanism so the whole procedure is all- natural and fast. By creating dermal damage without removal of the healthy epidermis healing time is rapid with quick results that will last.
Micro Skin Needling, also referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), is the penetration of the skin by very small needles (hence the term microneedle).
A 45 minute treatment inclusive of mask, retails for approximately £120.
On this course you will learn:
- History of Microneedling.
- Introduction of Skin Needling science.
- Advanced skin knowledge- structure and physiology.
- Skin types (Fitzpatrick skin chart).
- Treatable Skin conditions.
- Client consultation, protocol and informed consent.
- Contra-indications and contra-actions.
- Correct roller system choice.
- Product knowledge- serums suitable for treatment.
- Treatment protocol/ Step by step of a Micro skin needling treatment.
- Post treatment care/ post treatment restrictions.
- Treatment planning and pricing.
This course is suitable for those with an NVQ Level 3 in beauty therapy or equivalent and at least 6 months experience in treatments that pierce the skin. (i.e Epilation, Advanced Cosmetic Procedures, Microblading or Micropigmentation), Healthcare Practitioners, SPMU practitioners with 6 months experience. Those who are medically qualified i.e. a Doctor, Registered Nurse, or other medical professional would also be eligible.
If you do not hold an NVQ Level 3 or 4 but do have other qualifications that are directly related to this area of work, particularly if you work with needles please contact us to see if we will accept your qualification as a pre- requisite for enrolment.
Exam / assessment info
You will be assessed by continual observation throughout the course, to ensure that you have all the knowledge that you will need to practice your skills professionally.
NB. Please note as this is such a precise skill, depending on your level of skill and experience we recommend you devote time to practising before going fully commercial.
Qualification / Certification
Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded a ‘Cosmetic Skin Micro Needling Diploma’ by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International.
Our Diploma is widely accepted by a number of insurance companies such as Finch, Policybee and SJL Insurance Services but we always advise that you check with your individual Insurer that you can get insurance before booking the course.