Advanced Cosmetic Procedures Course
For individuals wishing to offer Red Vein / skin blemish removal treatments.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Be qualified to perform a range of Advanced Cosmetic Procedures.
- Be able to safely and effectively treat thread veins, skin tags and a range of other skin blemishes and lesions.
- Be able to substantially increase you earning potential.
- 1 or 2 Days.
- 9.30 am to 3.30 pm.
- £495 – Part 1
- £595 – Part 2
- £995 for both together (save £95)
- Deposit £125 per course
- Balance payable 14 days prior to course attendance date.
Advanced Cosmetic Procedures Course Overview
(Red vein and Minor Skin Blemish Removal)
This is an advanced intensive course open to electrologists with a recognised qualification in Epilation, or Medical aesthetic Practitioners with the equivalent Medical qualification.
Advanced Cosmetic Procedures is a new name for ‘Advanced Electrolysis’ and was defined to avoid any confusion in thinking that “Advanced Electrolysis” was simply an advanced form of hair removal. The term, Advanced Cosmetic Procedures (ACP), encompasses far more effectively, the wide variety of treatable skin conditions.
Advanced Cosmetic Procedures (ACP) covers the use of shortwave diathermy current for the successful removal & treatment of a wide range of skin blemishes including thread veins, Campbell de Morgan spots (blood spots), skin tags, moles, spider naevi, warts & milia from the face & body.
Clients will be delighted with the results and will be surprised how easily and quickly their unsightly skin blemishes can be removed, which may have affected their confidence and well-being.
As this is an advanced cosmetic procedure the earning potential is much higher than electrolysis and the service is very popular with clients.
With advanced cosmetic procedures, treatment pricing is dependant on the time taken and treatment offered.
Pricing usually starts at £50 to £70 for 15 minutes.
On this course you will cover:
- Common causes of minor skin blemishes.
- Hygiene and safety precautions.
- Short-Wave Diathermy equipment
- The importance of selecting the correct probe to suit blemish being removed.
- Practical techniques in the treatment and removal of indicated conditions.
- Consultation and record keeping.
- Treatment planning, method, duration and frequency of treatments.
- After care procedures.
- Assessment of student theoretical and practical competency.
A previous qualification is required in Epilation or Medical equivalent with 3 years experience.
- Part 1 – covering red veins, blood spots, spider naevi, milia and skin tags – £495.00.
- Part 2 – covering warts, moles, hairs from moles, age spots etc – £595.00.
- SPECIAL OFFER Combined price if taking Days 1 and 2 together – £995.00.
Part 2 can be taken on its own if you have already completed Part 1, or equivalent.
Exam / assessment info
You will be assessed by continual observation throughout the course, to ensure that you have all the knowledge that you will need to practice your skills professionally. If you are opting to take the NVQ / VTCT award a separate assessment day’s attendance is required.
Qualification / Certification
Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded the: ‘‘Diploma in Advanced Cosmetic Procedures (Red Vein and Minor Skin Blemish removal” from Helen McGuinness Aesthetics & Beauty Training International. As well as the Part 1 component of the course, you also have the option of achieving the VTCT Level 4 award in skin blemish removal (additional attendance and assessment fees are payable).
Insurance and Membership
Our Diploma is accredited by ABT, from whom you may gain professional membership and insurance to practice professionally. If taking a VTCT/NVQ qualification you may also be able to join the Beauty Guild, FHT, BABTAC and other Accreditation Bodies.
Our Red Vein Diploma accredited by the Beauty Guild, is worth 13 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Points.
Do you have any A.C.P. Course Questions ?
Extend your Aesthetics skills further
How can I enhance my skills ?
To compliment your skills and offer a wider range of treatments to your clients, we recommend our Cosmetic Skin Peels course, our Micro Needling Course, our Mesotherapy course and Advanced Electrotherapy Facials course.