Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified when using this website; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 31st May 2017.
Booking a course
In order to book a course on our website you will need to use our secure shopping cart. During the process you will be required to provide information (such as your name, address, and email and contact telephone number). This information is required so that we may accurately process your booking and send you confirmation details in relation to your attendance on the course you have booked. You can be assured that any information provided is essential for our processing of your booking and will be maintained in the strictest confidence.
In the processing of your booking, we do not store your financial information. Once you have submitted your booking and wish to checkout you will be directed to PayPal where you will be able to make a secure payment using your PayPal account or by using a debit or credit card if you do not have a PayPal account. PayPal is a secure payment site where your financial details will be processed through a secure encrypted gateway. Once your payment details have been processed and your order confirmed you will then be redirected back to this site. We will share required information with PayPal only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
In making a purchase from this site you confirm that you are happy to receive marketing information from us regarding our services and products. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time by either clicking on the unsubscribe link in emails you receive or by writing to us at Castle House, 103 Bournemouth Road, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3AE, United Kingdom. Alternatively, you can telephone us on 023 8026 6448 during our normal office hours.
If you wish to correct any information you have provided to us for the processing of you booking, you may telephone us on 023 8026 6448 during our normal office hours of Monday to Friday – 9 am to 4 pm.
Shopping Cart Cookies (please also refer to our cookies page)
Harmless Cookies are an essential requirement to make our shopping cart and checkout work. If you choose to disable these cookies whilst using our site, you will not be able to use the site correctly and make an online booking.
Subscribing to our Newsletter
You can subscribe to our Newsletter when making a course booking or via the form on our Home Page. In order to subscribe to our Newsletter on the home page, you are required to enter your name and email address and then click the subscribe button. You will then receive an email requesting you to confirm your subscription. In order to confirm your subscription please follow the instruction in the email. You may unsubscribe at any time by either clicking on the unsubscribe link in emails you receive or by writing to us at Castle House, 103 Bournemouth Road, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3AE, United Kingdom.
By Subscribing to our Newsletter we collect:
- Your Name
- Your Email address
- Your IP address
Improving our Products and Website Experience
We use Analytical software (please refer to our cookies page) to monitor and collect information such as IP address, geographical location, browser type, length of visit, page views and website navigation of the site by visitors in order to improve the experience of our website and services as a company.
Use of Information
We use the information obtained through this site to:
- Accurately process your purchases from this website
- Confirm authenticity of your Newsletter subscription.
- Improve our products and services.
- Periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- At your request, register you with relevant bodies appropriately where you are undertaking a course that has this requirement. For example, if you are undertaking an NVQ award.
We will take all reasonable measures in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of information and have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and whilst we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Controlling your personal information
Except as provided in this policy, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Requests for Information
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of an administration fee (currently £25).
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
- We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.