Booking Terms and Conditions
1. In order to make a course booking, please click on the Book Now button on the relevant course page, carry out the booking process by completing the required information fields and then complete the booking fee payment using either your PayPal account or a Debit or Credit card. Alternatively, you may telephone us on 023 8026 6448 to make a course booking. You may also choose to apply for finance to pay for your course fees by monthly instalments. Please click here for details
2. Once you have made a course booking either online or over the telephone, you then have a 14 day cooling off period during which time you have the right to cancel your course booking. If you decide to cancel your booking during this period, you must advise us in writing either by post or email no later than 14 days after the booking was made. You will then be entitled to a full refund of the fees paid less any amounts for services or goods already provided.
3. If you make a booking where the course starts less than 14 days after the booking is made, then under these terms and conditions you fully agree that you waive your rights to any refunds should you then cancel or withdraw from the course. You also fully agree to pay Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International, the cancellation charges as itemised in these terms and conditions (reference item 7 below), at the time of your cancellation / withdrawal.
4. Once a booking has been made, processed and confirmed by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International, all booking fees are non-refundable unless written cancellation of the booking is received within the cooling off period as stated in item 2 above but not in the event where the course commences within 14 days of the date that the booking was made as per item 3 above.
5. Upon confirmation of a course booking by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International, all course places and booking fees are non-transferable.
6. Where circumstance arise, which can be proven as valid and genuine, Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International (with reference to item 5 above) may grant, at its sole discretion, a concession of allowing a one-time facility for an individual to transfer to an alternative course on the condition that no adverse effects are imposed upon the course provision or business operations. Any additional costs arising from transference of a course place will be borne entirely by the individual requiring their course place to be transferred.
7. Once a booking has been made and then confirmed by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International, should the booker subsequently cancel the booking at a time where the 14 day cooling off period is not applicable, the following cancellation charges will apply and are payable at the time the booking is cancelled:
- 30 Days prior to the course start date – the course deposit paid
- 15 to 29 Days prior to the course start date – 50% of the full course fee
- 14 Days or less prior to the course start date – 100% of the full course fee
8. Current course tuition, booking and assessment fees are clearly provided on our website on the relevant pages, but can be subject to change at any time.
9. Payments can be made by cash, credit / debit card, BACS or PayPal. You can also apply for finance through Payl8r to spread the cost of your training courses into monthly instalments. If you opt to finance your course fees through Payl8r, they will be the lender of the finance and you will therefore be subject to their terms and conditions concerning the repayment of the finance. Click here for more information: Payl8r
10. Once your course booking has been processed and confirmed, you will receive an initial confirmation email for your booking, which will include details relating to the course attendance along with an electronic receipt for the booking fee paid. You will receive a final confirmation email prior to the course/s start date/s with attendance details and methods for paying the balance of your fees.
11. The balance of fees must be paid no later than 14 days prior to the course/s start date/s.
12. If you make a booking where a course commences less than 14 days after the booking was made, you will be sent an email for the balance of the course fees, which must be paid at that time.
13. Failure to pay the balance of the course/s fee/s by the required date (as indicated in items 11 and 12 above) will result in the course place being re-opened, the loss of your course place and forfeiture of the booking fee you have paid.
14. Students attending courses, which are of 2 months or more in duration, may be offered, solely at the discretion of Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International Training International, the facility to pay course fees by instalments. All course fees that are payable by instalments, must adhere to the instalment schedule and must be paid in full prior to the scheduled end date of any course which has been commenced.
15. Students must be 16 years or older at the time they commence a course with Helen McGuinness Health and Beauty Training International.
16. In the event of a student withdrawing from a course once they have started their tuition, any outstanding fees must be paid in full at the time of the students’ withdrawal.
17. All cancellations or withdrawals must be provided by written letter or electronic mail (email).
18. In the event of a student failing to attend or complete a confirmed appointment, course or assessment, for any reason, however so determining, no refunds will be made by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International and no entitlement to a later date appointment, course or assessment will be applicable to the student. Students attending courses, whether they are VTCT accredited or other, have a maximum of 6 months to complete and finish their assessments, case studies and any other required work once their training schedule has ended. Students have a maximum of 6 months to complete our Anatomy & Physiology course.
19. Any payments (where applicable) due to Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International which become in arrears by 7 days or more will result in termination of tuition. Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International will at its discretion, charge interest on outstanding fees at a rate of 4% above the UK base rate, on a daily basis, until all outstanding monies have been paid.
20. Course fees include tuition, training materials, resources, manuals and handouts as deemed appropriate by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International for each course. Tea / coffee will also be provided during attendance at the centre. Any other items, facilities or resources supplied by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International, at the request of the student, which Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International does not deem to be included in its advertised course fee, will be charged at an additional cost that shall be met by the student at the time of the request.
21. Course fees do not include additional items where required, such as student workwear or practical items such as beauty kits for home practice. These items are an additional expense and are met by the student. The training centre is able to provide information for purchase of these items at reduced rates from wholesalers.
22. In certain circumstances it may be necessary for Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International to reschedule or cancel a course due to insufficient numbers upon which a booking has been made. If the rescheduled dates of the course are not convenient to you, Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International’s liability will be limited to a refund only, of the fees paid.
23. Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International reserves the right to alter the course venue and timetable where unavoidable or necessary at any time.
24. Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International reserves the right to alter the course contents and structure where unavoidable or necessary at any time.
25. Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International reserves the right to determine the numbers of attendees on a course at any time.
26. Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International reserves the right to decline applications for valid reasons.
27. It is acknowledged that all intellectual property rights, including copyright, patents, design rights and know-how in or relating to the course or course materials provided or made available in connection with the course, remain the sole property of Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International. No copies of course materials or any usage of or reference to Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International’s name may be made unless it has been agreed in writing by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International
28. All students are required to observe and abide by all policies regarding health and safety, security, student conduct and any other regulations as set out by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International.
29. Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International reserves the right to request a student to leave a training course when their behaviour is deemed unacceptable, inappropriate or detrimental in any way to the staff, other students or individuals affected by their behaviour.
30. Course attendees should have a good understanding of the English language and reasonable level of mathematical comprehension in order to fully participate and successfully complete a course.
31. Once a booking has been accepted and confirmed by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International, the applicant is then solely responsible for any forfeiture if they are unable to successfully complete a course due to non-disclosure of information at the time of booking or subsequently due to a change in their circumstances, which affects their attendance on a course. The applicant / course attendee will be solely responsible for any costs incurred by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International in order, where possible, to address a situation arising due to the applicant / course attendee withholding information that affects their attendance on a course.
32. It is the course applicant’s responsibility, having referred to relevant sources of course information, to ensure that the course in all of its aspects is suitable for their requirements. Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International is happy to provide advice but accepts no liability in the event that the content of the course, any changes to course timetables, structure or cancellation where necessary does not meet individual requirements. Once an application has been received and processed by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International and a course place allocated, the applicant will be subject to and in agreement with all conditions as set out herein by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International.