Foundation Dermal Fillers Course
Our comprehensive 2 Day Dermal Filler Foundation course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to become a professional Aesthetic Practitioner in Foundation Dermal Fillers.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Be Professionally qualified to offer Foundation Dermal Fillers with safe, effective injection techniques.
- Be knowledgeable in Anatomy, physiology and Morphology of the Ageing face to understand proper client assessment and evaluation to achieve the best aesthetics results for your clients.
- Have the appropriate Health & Safety, Infection Control, Complications management skills and required regulatory legislation knowledge and understanding for professional practice.
- Comprehensive pre-course Online Theory study
- 2 Days Face to Face – See Dates below.
- 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
- Course Fee – £1595
- Deposit – £195.
- Balance of £1400 payable 14 days prior to practical attendance or by 12 Monthly payments of Interest Free Finance (subject to approval)
Can be taken inclusive of Anti-Wrinkle training as our Cosmetic Injectable Diploma course
Foundation Fillers Course Overview
(Cheeks, Lips, Nose to Mouth and Marionettes)
Dermal Fillers have become one of the most commonly performed cosmetic procedures and have advanced beyond their primary indication as a treatment for facial wrinkles and folds to become a more sophisticated application of facial sculpting and contouring.
They can be used to:
- restore and add volume to the skin and facial contours.
- smooth static lines and wrinkles.
- augment the appearance of certain facial features such as the cheeks and lips.
This course includes in-depth anatomy and physiology and live models for all participants, and is open to both medics and non- medics.
This comprehensive training course will enable successful delegates to safely deliver dermal fillers to the mid to lower third of the face, specifically the lips, cheeks, nose to mouth and marionettes. Most of the underpinning theory to Dermal Fillers will studied online and the reviewed in class when you attend for your practical training. Online study is provided in advance of the course so that on the day theory aspects can simply be re-enforced, enabling us to focus more on the practical hands-on training.
For your practical training we will provide sufficient live models for your practical sessions. Students will be very carefully observed and guided to ensure that they are confident enough to go and work on their own or as part of a professional Aesthetics Clinic.
Dermal Fillers provide the qualified Aesthetic Practitioner with the ability to earn a very high income.
Treatments can range from around £175 upwards for a subtle 0.5 ml lip enhancement up to £395 for cheek contouring .
On this course you will cover:
- Introduction to Dermal Fillers.
- How Dermal Fillers work.
- Categories of Dermal fillers- HA and non- HA.
- Product knowledge- choosing the correct Dermal filler.
- Indications for use.
- Health, safety and Regulatory requirements for Aesthetic Practitioners.
- Health, Safety, hygiene and infection control.
- Advanced anatomy, physiology and morphology of the ageing face.
- Contra-indications to Dermal Fillers.
- Hygiene, health and safety.
- Client consultation, protocol and informed consent.
- Correct client selection, assessment and screening.
- Assessment of Lines and Wrinkles.
- Photography – before and after.
- Safe and effective Dermal filler injection techniques.
- Essential anatomical landmarks.
- Step by step of Treatment Protocol for Dermal Fillers (foundation) to Lips, Cheeks, Nose to mouth and marionette lines.
- Post treatment advice following Dermal Fillers.
- Side effects and complications.
- Hyaluronidase – How and When to Use it.
- Troubleshooting and managing client expectations.
- Aesthetic Practice essentials- legal, regulatory, pricing and marketing.
This course is suitable for those with an NVQ Level 3 in beauty therapy or equivalent and at least 6 months experience in treatments that pierce the skin. (i.e Epilation, Advanced Cosmetic Procedures, Microblading or Micropigmentation), Healthcare Practitioners, SPMU practitioners with 6 months experience. Those who are medically qualified i.e. a Doctor, Registered Nurse, or other medical professional would also be eligible. You will also need to hold a current Basic Life Support / First Aid / Anaphylaxis award for insurance purposes. If you do not hold a current certificate for this, we recommend the FIRST AID FOR LIFE online Course. Please click HERE for details.
If you do not hold an NVQ Level 3 or 4 but do have other qualifications that are directly related to this area of work, particularly if you work with needles please contact us to see if we will accept your qualification as a pre- requisite for enrolment.
Next Course Schedule / Dates
- 1st & 2nd August 2022
- 10th & 11th October 2022
- 14th & 15th November 2022
- 12th & 13th December 2022
Exam / assessment info
You will be assessed continually throughout the course to ensure that you have all the knowledge that you will need to practice your skills competently for commercial practice.
Competency is assessed continuously through a range of methods whilst you study, including:
- Written tests / assessments.
- Observation of practical competency.
Once competency is met in all areas, candidates will be signed off as competent and receive their certification.
Qualification / Certification
Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded a ‘Foundation Dermal Fillers Diploma’ by Helen McGuinness Aesthetics & Beauty Training International.
This course can be taken as a stand alone option or as part of the Qualifi Level 7 Certificate in Aesthetic Practice for those interested in gaining an Ofqual regulated Qualification. Those wishing to progress to the Level 7 certificate in Aesthetic Practice will need to attend for further assessment and mentoring days.
For full details of the Qualifi Level 7 Certificate in Aesthetic Practice, please CLICK HERE.
Our Foundation Dermal Fillers Diploma is widely accepted by a number of insurance companies such as Finch, Policybee and SJL Insurance Services.