Foundation Botox (Anti-Wrinkle) Training Course
Our Anti wrinkle Injections Foundation course will equip you with the knowledge and skill to carry out one of the most commonly requested facial aesthetic injectable treatments.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Be professionally qualified to offer Foundation Anti-wrinkle injections with safe, effective injection techniques.
- Be knowledgeable in Anatomy, physiology, and Morphology of the Ageing face to understand proper client assessment and evaluation.
- Have the appropriate Health & Safety, Infection Control, Complications management skills and required regulatory legislation knowledge and understanding for professional practice.
- Comprehensive pre-course Online Theory study.
- 2 Days Face to Face – See Dates below.
- 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
- Course Fee – £1,595.
- Deposit – £195.
- Balance of £1,400 payable 14 days prior to practical attendance or by 12 Monthly payments of Interest Free Finance (subject to approval)
Can be taken inclusive of Fillers training as our Cosmetic Injectable Diploma course
Foundation Anti-Wrinkle Training Course Overview
(Botulinum toxin Anti-Wrinkle Treatments)
Anti-wrinkle injections (Botulinum Toxin) have become one of the most popular procedures for the effective treatment of fine lines and wrinkles. They are well known for their effects of smoothing facial lines and wrinkles by relaxing the muscles that cause lines and wrinkles to form in the skin.
This course includes everything you need to be a professional Aesthetic Practitioner in Anti-wrinkle injections and is fully accredited and insurable. Our Foundation Anti-Wrinkle Injections course will enable the successful delegate to safely deliver anti-wrinkle to the upper face, specifically frown lines, forehead and crow’s feet.
Online study will be provided in advance of the course so that on the day, this will simply be re-enforced, enabling us to focus more on the practical hands-on training.
Most of the underpinning theory to Anti-wrinkle injections will studied online and the reviewed in class when you attend for your practical training. For your practical training we will provide sufficient live models for your practical sessions. Students will be very carefully observed and guided to ensure that they are confident enough to go and work on their own, or as part of a professional Aesthetics Clinic.
This course is open to both medics and non- medics.
Anti-Wrinkle Injection Treatments provide the qualified Aesthetic Practitioner with the ability to earn a very high income.
Treatments can range from around £195 upwards.
On this course you will cover:
- Introduction to Botulinum toxins.
- How Anti-wrinkle injections (botulinum toxin) work.
- Product knowledge- different brands of Botulinum toxins.
- Indications for use.
- Health, safety and Regulatory requirements for Aesthetic Practitioners.
- Health, Safety, hygiene and infection control.
- Advanced anatomy, physiology and morphology of the ageing face.
- Contra-indications to Anti-wrinkle injections.
- Hygiene, health and safety.
- Client consultation, protocol and informed consent.
- Correct client selection, assessment and screening.
- Assessment of wrinkles.
- Photography – before and after.
- Reconstitution of Botulinum toxin.
- Safe and effective Anti-wrinkle injection techniques.
- Essential anatomical landmarks.
- Step by step of Treatment Protocol for Anti-wrinkle injections (foundation) to forehead, glabellar region and crow’s feet.
- Safe/ Correct units of Botulinum toxin per treatment area.
- Post treatment advice following Anti-wrinkle injections.
- Post treatment review.
- Side effects and complications.
- Troubleshooting and managing client expectations.
- Aesthetic Practice essentials- legal, regulatory, pricing and marketing.
- Advice on working with a Prescriber.
This course is suitable for those with an NVQ Level 3 in beauty therapy or equivalent and at least 6 months experience in treatments that pierce the skin. (i.e Epilation, Advanced Cosmetic Procedures, Microblading or Micropigmentation), Healthcare Practitioners, SPMU practitioners with 6 months experience. Those who are medically qualified i.e. a Doctor, Registered Nurse, or other medical professional would also be eligible. You will also need to hold a current Basic Life Support / First Aid / Anaphylaxis award for insurance purposes. If you do not hold a current certificate for this, we recommend the FIRST AID FOR LIFE online Course. Please click HERE for details.
If you do not hold an NVQ Level 3 or 4 but do have other qualifications that are directly related to this area of work, particularly if you work with needles please contact us to see if we will accept your qualification as a pre- requisite for enrolment.
Next Course Schedule / Dates
- 2nd & 3rd October 2023
- 6th & 7th November 2023
Exam / assessment info
You will be assessed continually throughout the course to ensure that you have all the knowledge that you will need to practice your skills competently for commercial practice.
Competency is assessed continuously through a range of methods whilst you study, including:
- Written tests / assessments.
- Observation of practical competency.
Once competency is met in all areas, candidates will be signed off as competent and receive their certification.
Qualification / Certification
Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded a ‘Foundation Anti-wrinkle Injections Diploma’ by Helen McGuinness Aesthetics & Beauty Training International.
Our Foundation Anti-Wrinkle Injections Diploma is widely accepted by a number of insurance companies such as Finch, Policybee and SJL Insurance Services.