For qualified skincare therapists wishing to offer this new advanced aesthetic treatment loved by celebrities.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Be qualified to perform this form of manual exfoliation to a high commercial standard.
- Be able to offer your clients a highly effective exfoliation treatment that removes both dead skin cells and peach fuzz to leave your clients skin incredibly soft.
- Be able to increase your salon profits with this popular and cost-effective treatment with a low operating cost.
- 1 Day.
- 9.30 am to 3.00 pm.
- Tuition Fee £450.
- Deposit £80.
- Starter Kit Included.
" 12 Months Interest Free Finance Option available "
Choose Date, Amount and click Submit to add to cart
Dermaplaning Course Overview
Dermaplaning is a gentle, non-invasive form of manual exfoliation of the skin in which a tool is used to gently exfoliate the outermost layers of the epidermis to remove dead skin cells and fine facial hair commonly known as “peach fuzz”. This encourages the skin to regenerate new skin cells, leaving the complexion smooth, soft and vibrant. A noticeable improvement is immediate with smoother texture and fresh skin appearance. Even products penetrate the skin better following Dermaplaning.
Clients report that their skin feels smooth, clean and fresh, and the results are immediate with no down time.
Although it has been a popular service in America for some time, it has seen a recent surge in popularity in the UK.
There are numerous benefits of Dermaplaning that clients will love.
- it can help remove that fine vellus hair (often referred to as “peach fuzz”) from the face.
- it gives a deep but gentle exfoliation which leaves the complexion looking brighter and more radiant.
- It creates a flawless canvas for makeup to glide on smoothly.
Dermaplaning is a firm favourite in the entertainment industry, specifically among models and actresses as it eliminates that annoying peach fuzz that cakes up in makeup and can be enhanced by harsh production lighting and high-definition cameras.
As with other exfoliation methods, dermaplaning allows for better penetration of active ingredients contained in products into the skin.
It can also have a positive effect on the appearance of scars, in particular acne scars, pigmentation and fine lines if the client undertakes a course of treatments.
Dermaplaning is safe and effective for all skin types and colours and provides an alternative to chemical peels or microdermabrasion. It is a good choice for anyone who has fine facial hair, extremely sensitive skin, redness or rosacea, or visible facial veins.
Dermaplaning may also be used in conjunction with other aesthetic services, for instance a peel done immediately after dermaplaning is an excellent way to make sure that the peel penetrates deeper and more evenly.
On this course you will learn:
- Introduction of Dermaplaning.
- Indications for treatment.
- Benefits of Dermaplaning.
- Client consultation, protocol and informed consent.
- Contra-indications and contra-actions.
- Pre-treatment skin analysis.
- Dermaplaning blade selection, preparation, use and disposal.
- Safe handling of blades before, during and after treatment.
- Discussion of multiple treatment protocols.
- Step by step of a Dermaplaning treatment.
- Results clients can expect.
- Post treatment care/ post treatment restrictions.
- Treatment planning and pricing.
Entrance requirements: This course is for therapists qualified to NVQ Level 2, or equivalent in Facials treatments. Medical practitioners and Microblading / SPMU artists are also eligible for this course.
Exam / assessment info: You will be assessed by continual observation throughout the course, to ensure that you have all the knowledge that you will need to practice your skills professionally.
NB. Please note as this is such a precise skill, depending on your level of skill and experience we recommend you devote time to practising before going fully commercial.
Qualification / Certification: Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded a ‘Dermaplaning Diploma’ by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International.
Insurance and Membership: Our Diploma is accepted by Insync for insurance to practice professionally.
Dermaplaning Course Questions ?
Extend your Beauty skills further
How can I compliment my dermaplaning skills ?
To compliment your Cosmetic Skin Peels training, we recommend our Micro Needling course, our Mesotherapy course, our Electrolysis course as well as our Advanced Cosmetic Procedures training.