Upper and lower limbs Training Course
For qualified Massage therapists wishing to take their skills to an advanced level.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Work more effectively with an expanded tool box of techniques.
- Develop more advanced treatment plans in less time.
- Work using less physical effort to achieve better results.
- Bookable on request
- 1 to 1 Training
- 1/2 Day.
- Tuition Fee £165.
- Deposit £50.
- Group Bookings – Prices on Request.
" Spread the cost into monthly instalments "
Finance now available on all courses
Remedial Massage Upper and Lower Limbs Course Overview
Can’t afford the time or money to do a long sports massage course ? Want to worker smarter and NOT harder to achieve the best possible results for your clients in less time ? Then our Remedial/ Advanced Bodywork Techniques courses are the answer.
These courses are aimed at the experienced therapist who wishes to add advanced/ remedial massage techniques to their ‘toolbox’.
These courses have been specifically designed by Helen McGuinness, to provide qualified therapists with a unique system ‘integrated sequencing techniques’ that they can easily integrate into your practice, to increase their effectiveness of their work in less time and will less effort.
These workshops course offers an integrated approach to bodywork and a comprehensive progression pathway for qualified massage therapists to advance their massage skills and integrate a range of Advanced / Remedial Massage Techniques to vastly improve the efficacy of their treatments.
On this course you will learn:
- Review of anatomy & physiology of the upper and lower limbs (muscle attachments, nerve supply and joints).
- Cautions and contra-indications.
- Client assessment, consultation and range of motion tests.
- Development of palpation skills – how to assess unhealthy tissue.
- Remedial / Advanced Bodywork Techniques for the upper and lower limbs including joint mobilisation, NMT / Trigger points with counterstrain, Soft Tissue Release (STR), Stretching techniques (PNF and Reciprocal Inhibition.
- Effective Treatment Planning.
- After care/ Post treatment advice- including the importance of stretching.
Entrance requirements: A recognised qualification in Massage and Anatomy & Physiology. Applicants need to be sufficiently fit to be able to demonstrate techniques effectively. It is recommended that applicants have attended our 1 day Advanced Massage course, or similar, before participating in these courses.
Exam / assessment info: No written exams are required as you are assessed by continual observation throughout the course, to ensure that you have all the knowledge that you will need to practice your skills professionally.
Qualification / Certification: Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded a ‘Remedial Massage Techniques Diploma’ by Helen McGuinness Health & Beauty Training International.
Insurance and Membership: Our Diploma is accredited by the Beauty Guild, from whom you may gain professional membership and insurance to practice professionally.
CPD Points: Our Diploma is worth 13 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Points.
Course Questions ?
Extend your Massage skills further
How can I take develop my skills further ?
Once you have successfully completed our upper and lower limbs Remedial Massage course, you can extend you skills further with our Remedial Massage course that covers the back, neck & shoulders, our Pregnancy Massage Course, our Hot Stone Massage course and our Bamboo Massage course.